Other Insurance in Colorado
Most people are already quite well aware of their choices in home insurance, auto insurance, and life insurance. However, it is not a very well-known fact that you can obtain other insurance for nearly any of your possessions. Just because your items are a bit out of the ordinary doesn't mean you cannot get high quality insurance policy coverage for your recreational vehicle (RV), boat or motorsports toy. Here are some of the basics about other insurance coverage types.
Recreational Vehicle (RV) Insurance
Hit the road with the right RV coverage. RV insurance can protect your motorhome, travel trailer, camper and even your horse trailer. Here at CO Insurance Specialist, let us help you select the right coverage for your RV needs and get a great price at the same time.
Here are some things to consider when shopping for recreational vehicle insurance:
RV’s that are for personal, recreational use can be insured for up to 250 days per year. This gives you plenty of time to travel south and enjoy some warmer winter weather or that extended vacation.
- Liability coverage provides you with bodily injury and property damage coverage, medical payments, uninsured coverage and more. Coverage varies by state.
- You may be able to choose how your Comprehensive and Collision coverage will be settled in the event of a covered total loss. Options tailored to your needs can include:
- Stated Value - market value/actual cash value of the RV
- Agreed Value – the insured amount, regardless of the current market value
- Replacement Cost – we will replace your insured RV with a new RV that is most like it
- Consider Vacation Liability coverage for when you stop driving and start using your recreational vehicle as a temporary residence. Some policies can include additional coverage for physical damage in Mexico.
- Personal Effect Coverage provides replacement cost for damage or loss to items normally used with your RV when physical damage coverage is selected.
- Some policies include Roadside Assistance, which has you covered 24/7 in the event of a breakdown or accident. Some will even allow you to upgrade the coverage to include lodging, transportation and meal coverage if needed.
- Other additional coverage can include: Accident forgiveness, pet coverage, diminishing deductible, and more.
Boat & Watercraft Insurance
CO Insurance Specialist can help make your time on the water relaxed and worry-free! We will find you comprehensive protection that protects you, your friends and family, your watercraft and your boating equipment. The average boat costs less than a dollar a day to insure. You’ll enjoy being on the water even more when you aren’t worried about your safety, the safety your passengers, or your investment.
Do you know what to look for in a watercraft insurance policy?
- Navigational Area:
Know where you are covered in the water. Some companies, such as Safeco Insurance, offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline; into Canadian coastal or inland waters; and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. In California, Florida and Oregon, additional coverage area can be purchased.
- Agreed Value Coverage:
Watercrafts depreciate just like automobiles. Actual cash value policies can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. This means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus any deductible.
Like car insurance, personal liability coverage provides coverage to other boaters and boat owners in the event you are at-fault for an accident on the water. This coverage will pay to repair or replace the property of someone else as well as for their medical care, lost wages and other costs incurred as a result of a boating accident for which you are at-fault.
- Medical Payments
Medical payments coverage will pay for the cost of needed care that is the result of a boating accident. This coverage is available from $500 to $10,000 and covers you, your passengers, and even your water skiers/tubers, regardless of who is at-fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage
Physical damage coverage pays for the cost to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment, and your trailer, if it is stolen or damaged.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury
Since boat coverage is not always mandatory, many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater, and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages, and other costs associated with the accident.
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal
Should your boat sink or be seriously damaged, there is a chance that it could leak oil or fuel into the water. As the boat’s owner you are required by law to have this cleaned up, which can be time consuming and expensive.
- Personal Effects
Your policy can provide coverage for many personal effects, including clothing, jewelry, cell phones, scuba/snorkeling and other sporting equipment, and fishing equipment. Limits vary by state – check with CO Insurance Specialist for information. Personal effects coverage does not include jewelry, watches or furs.
- Unattached Equipment Coverage
This pays to repair or replace equipment that isn’t permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft, but is designed for use primarily on a boat. This includes items like lifesaving equipment, water skis, anchors, oars, fire extinguishers, tarps etc.
- Emergency Assistance
The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Insurance for your ATV, Dirt Bike, Golf Cart, Snowmobile, and more
There’s no shortage of ways to get outside in Colorado. Whether you’re hitting the trail, the links, or just the great outdoors, the last thing you want to worry about is whether your insurance policy has you protected.
CO Insurance Specialist can help you get the specialized coverage you need for your specialized vehicles. We can help you protect your investment and let you get focus on having fun.
Are your off-road toys covered?
- ATV (All-terrain vehicle)
- Dirt bike
- Dune buggy
- Golf cart
- Any other motorsports
Not Sure You Need ATV, Golf Cart, Snowmobile, or other Motorsports Insurance?
Most specialized vehicles aren’t covered under your standard auto or home insurance policies, especially when you aren’t on your own property. What’s more, many national, state, or other public parks in Colorado require specialty vehicle riders to be properly insured.
Want to keep your Snowmobile, Dirt Bike, ATV, Golf Cart & other Motorsports Insurance costs down?
Several factors can affect the cost of insuring a specialty vehicle. So what can you can keep your rates low?
- Be safe. If you have violations on your driving record or claims on your insurance policy, your rates will likely be higher.
- Choose your vehicle carefully. Some models of ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes or other off-road vehicles are considered more aggressive machines, and typically cost more to insure.
- Own More Than One. With many carriers you can receive a discount if you insure more than one specialty vehicle on your policy.
Good Coverage. Great Times
Every specialty vehicle policy is unique, but the following is a quick rundown of the some of the options included in most ATV, snowmobile, dirt bike, golf cart, and other off-road vehicle insurance policies:
- Collision coverage – pays for covered damage to your vehicle when in a collision with another vehicle or other object.
- Property damage liability coverage – insures you against certain damages caused to another person’s property while operating your vehicle. This coverage may also provide you with a legal defense for such claims if another party files a lawsuit against you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage – insures you against certain damages if you injure or kill someone while operating your vehicle. This coverage also may provide you with a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for covered losses resulting from incidents other than collision - like fire, theft, or vandalism.
Let us help make sure you’re covered when you hit the trail – talk to us today to find out how to get the best price and value on the motorsports insurance that’s right for you.
Every need is unique – contact CO Insurance Specialist today to find out how to get the best insurance coverage for you. You can save money if you insure more than one item with a single company, including your home, cars, motorcycles, classic cars and boats. It will also simplify your life.
Call us today at 720-638-0850 to get your free insurance quote. CO Insurance Specialist is independently owned and locally operated to handle your insurance needs.